We are hiring Functional Programmers.
The Modelling and Analytics Group was the original introducer of Functional Programming (especially Haskell) to the Financial Markets business of Standard Chartered Bank, and although there are now several other teams who contribute to our large codebase and who are also hiring, we now have some vacancies in the Core team. Please think about applying!
- Join the Modeling and Analytics’ Core team, part of Financial Markets Front Office, in Singapore or London.
- Apply Functional Programming concepts to the design and implementation of the unified bank’s Analytics library.
- Support infrastructure requests from the Quant group, flow trading desks, structured trading desks & structuring worldwide.
- Master or PhD in Computer Science, with a focus among: functional programming, language & compiler design, efficient data processing.
- Excellent programming skills in one of the major statically typed functional languages (ideally Haskell), and preferably exhibited by academic output (research / teaching) or open-source development.
- Proficiency with C/C++ and debugging / performance tuning tools is a strong advantage.
- Good communication skills required for interactions with other team members and with trading desks.
- Familiarity with financial markets is a plus but not required.
How to apply:
- In the first instance, send your CV to Raphael.Montelatici@sc.com